Default gateway is not saved
I recently updated my router and some other parts on my network.
One of the outcomes of this is that my default gateway has changed from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.9.
Now, whenever I close down the machine on restart the default gateway in the IPv4 settings is blank and the network and sharing settings reports unknown public network and no internet access.
While this is not difficult to fix (I just go into IPv4 properties and reset the gateway) it is getting extremely annoying because the other machines in the network cannot see the main one (this one) until I do the manual reset.
That also meands that if
any of the other users in the network want to access any of the shared files thay can't until the reset is done.
Once the gateway has been typed in it is fine until the next reboot.
Any ideas how I can make the gateway stick? It was OK when it was still 192.168.0.1.
This is the only machine on the network with the problem.
The others, running a mix of XP and Windows 7, are fine.
All machines on the network have a static address 192.168.0.nn with a netmask of 255.255.255.0 and specific DNS servers (the ISP DNS servers).
Keys to the Problem Default gateway is not saved
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Default gateway is not saved:
How to Fix Default gateway is not saved with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 220.127.116.11059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.22.214.171.124,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Troubleshoot:Der Firewall bei Windows 7 funktioniert plötzlich nicht mehr. Wie kann man das Programm wieder aktivieren?,Date Workbook Last Saved [Anwsered],Tech Support: Desktop Refreshing\/Crashing every couple of seconds Windows 8.1.,d1.openx.org cookie removal from from temporary internet files cache [Solved],Fast Solution to Error: Defrag deletes system restore points