Deleting old keys before installing new antivirus
Is is obligatory to delete every key of a previous security program before installing new antivirus?
Anwsers to the Problem Deleting old keys before installing new antivirus
Do you encounter any error while removing this registry value?
Which version of Avast is installed on the computer?
Instead of deleting the registry values manually i would ask you to use the Avast Uninstall Utility to remove the Avast antivirus completely from your computer.
Here is the link to the Avast Uninstall Utility page:
Download aswClear5.exe file on your desktop as suggested and explained in the article above and follow the steps listed to remove the Avast completely.
Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site.
Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information
found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.
There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft
cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Deleting old keys before installing new antivirus has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Deleting old keys before installing new antivirus:
How to Fix Deleting old keys before installing new antivirus with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 220.127.116.11059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.22.214.171.124,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Default vs manual settings?,How to Fix - cursor unresponsive after startup?,[Solved] Deleting previously entered email addresses during Sign In,How to Resolve - Data Type Mismatch in Union Query?,How to Fix Error - Default Gateway not available?