Custom toolbar fails to execute macro from Personal.xls in Excel 2010
I have a custom Toolbar from an earlier version of Excel that runs a few macros from personal.xls.
That file is stored properly in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART.
Now when I click a button to execute a macro I get the error message
> 'Copy of Personal.xls' could not be found...
It appears that it's looking for "Copy of Personal.xls" and not "Personal.xls". If I unhide personal.xls I can execute the macro without an issue from the Macro - Run area. How do I resolve this issue - it had
worked properly when I first converted to Excel 2010 (64 bit version - SP1).
Solutions to the Problem Custom toolbar fails to execute macro from Personal.xls in Excel 2010
This should fix that:
- Close Excel
- Open explorer in XLSTART folder
- Rename Personal.xls to Copy of Personal.xls
- Open Excel
- Unhide Copy of Personal.xls
- Save as to Personal.xlsb (so change filetype to xlsb first!!!!)
- Hide personal.xlsb
- Check whether buttons work
- Close Excel, Save changes to personal macro workbook
- Open explorer in XLSTART folder
- Remove Copy of personal.xls (or move it elsewhere just to be on the safe side).
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Custom toolbar fails to execute macro from Personal.xls in Excel 2010:
How to Fix Custom toolbar fails to execute macro from Personal.xls in Excel 2010 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 18.104.22.168059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.126.96.36.199,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How to Fix - Date Filters in Excel 2007 not working?,Troubleshoot:Date Range If Formula,How to Fix Problem - Custom Sort?,How to Fix - Data Validation - Pasting a list while sheet is protected?,How Can I Fix - Deleted items folder?