Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles'
Some -- not all -- of my document templates have 'Automatically update document styles' already checked (in the Templates & Add-Ins dialog).
I can uncheck it and save, but if I reopen it, it's checked again.
And when I launch a new document from it,
that box is checked for the document too.
What causes this? I virtually never want that checked by default, and I don't see how to make it stop.
These are macro-free ('.dotx') templates, birthed recently and from scratch; that is, they have no code-carrying ancestors.
And I don't see much
difference between these templates and other quite similar ones that are not thus afflicted.
Solutions to the Problem Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles'
Open the template as a document (so that you see the *.dotx or *.dotm filename on the title bar) and then run the following macro:
ActiveDocument.UpdateStylesOnOpen = False
ActiveDocument.Saved = False
For assistance, see
Save and close the template.
System Update Readiness Command: To Fix Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles'
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles' in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles' still comes up.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles':
How to Fix Defeat persistent 'Automatically update document styles' with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 184.108.40.206059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.18.104.22.168,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Solution to Error: Dell Datasafe not responding, Runtime error #?,Troubleshoot:DEP shuts down IE,[Solved] delete rows cued by number of blank cells (VBA script),Delete spaces between single capitals in a long column of company names? __ Tech Support,deleting email addresses on windows sign in Tech Support