Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Fast Solution to Error: Connecting a Windows 7 starter edition laptop to a Windows XP network for file and printer sharing?

Connecting a Windows 7 starter edition laptop to a Windows XP network for file and printer sharing?

I have a new netbook running Windows 7 Starter edition and I want to use file sharing and printer sharing with my exisiting Windows XP network.  I have turned on file and printer sharing on my XP desktop.  The Win 7 netbook connects to the Internet via
my wireless router.  The XP desktop is connected to the wireless router.  The printer is connecte3d to the XP desktop.  Why am I unable to connect the Win 7 to the XP network?  How do I do it?  - Thank you!  Phil

Solutions to the Problem Connecting a Windows 7 starter edition laptop to a Windows XP network for file and printer sharing?

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Thank you for responding Meghmala.  

I was able to use file sharing from my new Windows 7 netbook to my existing XP desktop.  I really appreciate it.  It was an XP desktop firewall issue.  I had to configure the firewall for file sharing. 

I still do have a strange printing problem: 

The XP desktop is connected to the wireless router.  The printer is connected to the XP desktop and prints locally from the desktop.  When I look at the network, I can see the XP desktop and the printer from the Windows 7 netbook.  I am unable to print from
the netbook.  When I run troubleshooting it gets an error and says it cannot fix the problem.  The printer is set as the default printer.  I have installed the printer driver.  I have printer sharing allowed on all devices.  When I print from any application
on the Windows 7 netbook, NOTHING at all happens.  There is no printer icon in the system tray.  Nothing appears when I open the printer.  There is no document pending.  There is no error balloon.

I am thinking that I may have uninstalled something required for Windows 7 to print.  Is there any way that I can repair Windows 7 Starter addition without losing everything I installed? 

If that is not the problem, can there be some configuration setting that would prevent ANY form of printing?  Should I use LPT(something) or some other drivers?  I went through a lot of exploring and learning Windows 7 and I have tailored the netbook to the
way I like it.  It would be painfull for me to try to bring the netbook back to factory settings.  I have installed software that I need.

I hope you can give me some options and things to think about to solve this printing issue.

Thanks again,
Phil

Manually editing the Windows registry

Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!


Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):

  • Click the Start button.
  • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
  • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
  • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
  • Click Yes.
  • A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
  • Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
  • In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
  • From the File menu, choose Export.
  • In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
  • In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
  • In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
  • Click Save.
  • The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
  • You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Connecting a Windows 7 starter edition laptop to a Windows XP network for file and printer sharing?:

How to Fix Connecting a Windows 7 starter edition laptop to a Windows XP network for file and printer sharing? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.8.0.0.258.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.2.0.3.37 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.8.17.12.6686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.11.6.0.1030,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.9.3.0.1019,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.9.1.1.1015,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: How to Fix Error - Computer performance-page it flicks back & forth 3 or 4 times before the page settles down.?,Troubleshooting:Connect Windows 7 computer to a Networked a Printer connected to XP computer Error,How Can I Fix - Conditional data entry?,How Can I Fix - Computer freezes when saving picture?,How Can You Fix - Concerning recent MS Security Center updates after activating SYSTEM RESTORE?,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722

No comments:

Post a Comment