BSOD with NETIO.SYS
lenovo g580,i3 4gb ram, nvidia
Anwsers to the Problem BSOD with NETIO.SYS
All of the attached DMP files are of the
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) bug check.
This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.
This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.
By default, the fault of the crashes is NETIO.sys which is the Network I/O Subsystem.
This is not the true cause of the crash, and usually when we have network related crashes like this, it's caused by one of two things:
Network drivers themselves need to be updated.
3rd party antivirus or firewall software causing NETBIOS conflicts.
Please enable Driver Verifier:
What is Driver Verifier?
Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8/8.1, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues.
kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.
Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.
Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:
Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8/8.1 -
How to enable Driver Verifier:
Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -
Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
Select - "Select driver names from a list"
Click on the "Provider" tab.
This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
Click on Finish.
Important information regarding Driver Verifier:
- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.
To expand on this a bit more for the interested, specifically what Driver Verifier actually does is it looks for any driver making illegal function calls, causing memory leaks, etc.
When and/if this
happens, system corruption occurs if allowed to continue.
When Driver Verifier is enabled, it is monitoring
all 3rd party drivers (as we have it set that way) and when it catches a driver attempting to do this, it will quickly flag that driver as being a troublemaker, and bring down the system safely before any corruption can occur.
- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will detect it in violation almost straight away, and
as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.
If this happens, do not panic, do the following:
- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.
- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.
- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.
If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:
- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.
- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.
- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
-- Note that Safe Mode for Windows 8/8.1 is a bit different, and you may need to try different methods:
5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1
How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?
I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours.
If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.
I will usually say whether or not I'd like for you to keep it enabled any longer.
My system BSOD'd with Driver Verifier enabled, where can I find the crash dumps?
They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump
Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Make Sure that your Computer Meets the System Requirements
You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your computer hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing:
Microsoft Windows Requirements :
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
If your computer meets the minimum requirements above, then continue on…
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: BSOD with NETIO.SYS:
How to Fix BSOD with NETIO.SYS with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Troubleshoot:c disc cleanup Error,Solution to Error: BUG: 1900 Feb 29th is a valid date for MS Excel 2007 but it is not existing,Brand new Gateway NV52 series, Everytime I turn it on I have to restore to factory default because every thing becomes unresponsive and some programs wont even load,Fast Solution to Error: BSOD Error always while playing source games (TF2, HL2, Portal, Portal 2, etc.) STOP: 0x000000D1,[Anwsered] Bullets or numbers work Part-time,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work