Bug in IE10 After Machine Crash
I have come across this bug and it is a little annoying, especially if you like me keep a few tabs open all the time.
After a machine crash where you have no option but to switch the PC off, boot into Windows (Win 7 in my case).
Normally if you run IE it prompts you to restore your previous session, but if the first thing you do is to click on a link in email (maybe because
you forgot that you have just restarted from a crash), this option to restore your previous session does not appear, even I you subsequently run up IE.
I have also found the 'Reopen last browsing session' to be a bit intermittent depending on which tabs you last opened/closed.
And I'm not sure this works when you restart your machine, I don't think it remembers the right tabs then, especially when you have
more than one IE window open.
It would be good to get this a bit more consistent.
Solutions to the Problem Bug in IE10 After Machine Crash
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Bug in IE10 After Machine Crash:
How to Fix Bug in IE10 After Machine Crash with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Error - BSOD multiple times a day?,Calculate the MAX of a set of multiplications for each table row,Troubleshooting:burning problem error code 0x80004005 Error,Solution to Error: Boot up time takes long in windows 8.1,Troubleshooting:BSOD on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work