4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86
I installed Windows 7 RC1 on my Laptop and there was no problem.
But when I go to the "My Computer Properties" it shows this message in
"Installed Memory" section:
4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable)
In windows vista X86 we solved this problem with SP1 but there is no SP1 for Windows 7 RC1.
Could you help me to resolve this problem.
Anwsers to the Problem 4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86
Windows 7 is most likely allocating the memory for video useage.
In most cases, any 32 bit machine with 4GB installed will have a max available of 3.12GB
Jonathan Matthis aka "7tester" on MSN QnA
Chief Site Administrator
Windows 7 QnA
Follow us on Twitter
Add us on Windows Live!
Check Windows System Requirements
This error can be due to some configuration requirements for you system. If your PC hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing:
Microsoft Windows Requirements :
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86:
How to Fix 4GB RAM Problem in Windows 7 X86 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: How to Fix Problem - 32 bit problems: lagging start menu, but on 64 bit the jumplist very Smoooth?,Solution to Problem: 32 bit vs. 64 bit, which should i get?,1607 Unable to install InstallShield scripting routine [Anwsered],Troubleshooting:189.11 nvidia driver recovery Error,How Can I Fix - 500 Internal Privoxy Error?,2 home networks and no Internet,3 GB of RAM used with nothing running?,32 or 64bit?,4GB RAM Not Utilized by WINDOWS7 Ultimate( 64bit),64 bit system getting 32 bit updates