8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs
Just adding my voice here to all the others who have complained about 8.1 being slower than 8.
On my PC it's very slow and there's a real lag time in opening folders and programs, even just moving the mouse around.
Also I have to click multiple times to open some items.
Obviously this is a real issue as it is happening across a range of devices.
Let's hope Microsoft gets it finger out and resolves this.
There is also an issue in trying to install new programs.
Sometimes nothing happens except the endless little spinning blue circle.
All in all a very buggy upgrade.
I thought this was supposed to improve 8 not make it worse?
Keys to the Problem 8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs
System Update Readiness Command: To Fix 8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve 8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error 8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs still comes up.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs:
How to Fix 8.1 Much slower than 8 Lots of bugs with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: How Can You Fix - 2013 Excel does not work?,Troubleshooting:434 Disk errors Error,How Can You Fix - 2nd Monitor not working at full resolution since upgrading to windows 8.1?,How to Resolve - 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.?,[Solved] 700z lexmark printer,12GB RAM installed, 8GB usable.,2010 Access Macro - Error,2010 MS Word envelope address options defaults,2-3 days after my one year warranty expired, my computer suddenly shut down during use. I restarted but it shut down again.,32 or 64 bit IE8? - Should I use the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer on my 64-bit computer?