Backup code error 0x810000ff
I am unable to perform a backup of my laptop using windows backup.
I have windows 7 32 bit.
I was able to run a backup with windows 7 a few weeks ago to an external hard drive, but I now get the code error of 0x810000ff.
I have read the other post on the
same topic but it did not work for me.
I am running windows security and I get the message error at the start of the backup process.
Anwsers to the Problem Backup code error 0x810000ff
Try to check for the behavior by following these steps:
1. You might try turning off your anti-virus and malware protection temporarily while performing the backup.
2. You can also try turning off the User Account Control while backing up.
3. You need to make sure that there is atleast a minimum of 400MB of free space available.
Note: Ensure to enable the User Account Control and your anti-virus back on the computer after you finish these steps.
It is not recommended to disable these settings on the computer.
This is just to troubleshoot
Also check if to see if there are any disk errors which might be causing this issue.
Also, place the computer in a clean boot and see if it helps.
Steps to put the computer in Clean Boot:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press
ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click
3. On the
General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the
Load startup items check box.
(The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the
Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click
OK, and then click Restart.
Note: Make sure you put the computer back to Normal Startup once troubleshooting is completed by following
Step 7 from the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Run the backup and check if this helps.
Syed N – Microsoft Support
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Backup code error 0x810000ff:
How to Fix Backup code error 0x810000ff with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Tech Support: backup failure \"access denied 0x80070005,Troubleshoot:AutoComplete entries not displayed for Username field although values are present in registry.,Troubleshooting:Auto Number in Word Templates,[Solved] avoiding circular reference,[Solved] Automatic number format,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?