After upgrade to Windows 8.1 Autodesk, Google Chrome and IE 11 does not load
Original title: Can't upgrade to Windows 8.1
Yesterday, I tried to upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, it took all day to finish and, after the long waiting, I tried to run my programs and either IE or any other were able to work.
I had issue to load Autodesk, Google Chrome, IE 11, etc.
Even it was
saying I didn't have network connection and, besides this computer, I had connected my Smartphone with WiFi.
Did I do something wrong? Do you know if all programs are already compatibles with the upgrade? I tried already several times to upgrade, but I had not successfuly progress.
So, why are you offering to upgrade if your OS doesn't work with the most popular
programs? I tried to find any drivers to fix this issue, but I didn't find any.
Please, advise, I will like to run the upgrade without any issue.
And, after all, I downgrade to the original Windows 8
Solutions to the Problem After upgrade to Windows 8.1 Autodesk, Google Chrome and IE 11 does not load
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After upgrade to Windows 8.1 Autodesk, Google Chrome and IE 11 does not load:
How to Fix After upgrade to Windows 8.1 Autodesk, Google Chrome and IE 11 does not load with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshooting:After installing Windows 7 Professional in a UEFI computer, the machine won't awake from hibernation. Error 0xC000000D is displayed.,[Anwsered] After installing Windows 7 cursor is moving backwards,After printing with my Canon Pixma MG6150 I lose internet access.,Troubleshooting:After removing Babylon Search my IE shows a ! Error on page Error,Fast Solution to Error: After installing windows7 sp1, vb6 compiled exe is not working in windows xp machine,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?