After working fine for about day Windows Home Premium Full install is hanging after it sits idle for awhile(several hours).
I am using balanced power management and I have stepped back twice with system restore to no avail.
Anwsers to the Problem After working fine for about day Windows Home Premium Full install is hanging after it sits idle for awhile(several hours).
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forums.
For better understanding of issue, I would like to know if you made any changes to your computer recently.
Please check in safe mode to see if the system is experiencing the same issue in safe mode as well.
Steps to start your computer in Safe mode,
1. Restart your computer and before Windows logon screen appears press F8 continuously which will bring
“Advanced Boot” options.
2. Please select “Safe mode” and hit enter to start your computer in Safe mode.
3. Once you have logged into safe mode, go to Control Panel -> User Accounts and create a new administrator user account.
Safe Mode is a Diagnostic Mode of Microsoft Windows Operating System running with minimal set of services and drivers.
If the system runs fine in safe mode, use clean boot to determine the startup program or service causing this issue.
Please see below for steps to perform clean boot.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
5. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
6. Click OK.
7. When you are prompted, click Restart.
To undo the changes and start your computer normally, please see the steps described below,
1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
3. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
4. For more information on how to troubleshoot an issue using clean boot, please see the article mentioned in the link
Hope this helped.
Yaaser - Microsoft Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Open Run command as previously described
- Type MSConfig
- Click on Boot tab
- Tick Safe boot in Boot option
- Select Network
- Click Apply and OK
- Reboot your system
Your system will boot in Safe mode with Networking. You may now try and open Windows Store and should not see any errors.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After working fine for about day Windows Home Premium Full install is hanging after it sits idle for awhile(several hours).:
How to Fix After working fine for about day Windows Home Premium Full install is hanging after it sits idle for awhile(several hours). with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: After Windows 7 clean install video drivers will not install and say hardware that worked a mere few days ago no longer exist. [Solved],How Can I Fix - aim won't start up__?,[Anwsered] After installing Vista SP2 my laptop is always \"configuring updates\" when it shuts down and starts,How to Fix - After updating to service pack 1 win 7, along with 2 other updates, the windows start screen does not display the twirling microsoft symbol right away.?,Troubleshooting:After Windows reset nothing seems to work Error,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator