Monday, April 18, 2016

Troubleshoot:After successful anytime upgrade (home prem. to Ultimate)- several problems have occured. reboot to Black Screen, no safe mode, etc

After successful anytime upgrade (home prem. to Ultimate)- several problems have occured. reboot to Black Screen, no safe mode, etc

I just purchased 2 windows anytime upgrade packages from Best Buy for my Windows 7 Home premium OEM pcs to Ultimate.
 ( I did this because I do not like Windows 8 so I figured I will take the plunge and upgrade to Ultimate now, since I will be staying
with windows 7 until at least Windows 9 comes out..)
  I performed 2 separate Anytime Upgrades and they both were successful and everything seemed find.
 However, on my laptop, I could not access the local security policy so I went to the Microsoft support pages and found a regsvr command that reregistered
everything, (I think, i cannot find the original page anymore but it definitely was similar to this spiceworks script :
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dll] @="dllfile" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ocx] @="dllfile" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\Register COM Server\command] @="regsvr32 \"%1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\Unregister COM Server\command] @="regsvr32 /u \"%1\""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe] @="exefile" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Register COM Server\command] @="\"%1\" /regserver" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Unregister COM Server\command] @="\"%1\" /unregserver" Is it possible that this command (I only entered
one line in a command prompt) could have made me reboot to a black screen after the splash screen? I am in the process of restoring from an August 29th system image, but would like to know why I could not fix my boot, get into safe mode, system restore, or
perform a repair, (all restore options would just go to the black screen with the mouse cursor in the middle.
The only things I did after the successful anytime upgrade was that I ran this regsvr command to get the local security policy to show up, and I also
installed VMware workstation 9 and virtualbox 4.2 and then rebooted into\ the nightmare of a black screen, I was thinking that my HP laptop couldnt handle the anytime upgrade maybe??

Solutions to the Problem After successful anytime upgrade (home prem. to Ultimate)- several problems have occured. reboot to Black Screen, no safe mode, etc

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

To check for Windows updates

  1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
  2. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  3. If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After successful anytime upgrade (home prem. to Ultimate)- several problems have occured. reboot to Black Screen, no safe mode, etc:

How to Fix After successful anytime upgrade (home prem. to Ultimate)- several problems have occured. reboot to Black Screen, no safe mode, etc with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Fix Problem - after update, emails only show text, no pictures or other information?,[Solved] after start up how can I see the desktop instead of the start screen,Troubleshoot:After installing Windows Updates Internet Explorer does not open Error,ALI Audio Accelerator WDM Driver needed for intergraded laptop system for windows 7 upgrade [Anwsered],How Can You Fix - After upgrading to windows 7, my wireless adapter does not turn on. Message saying that the radio is off.?,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment