After the update of April 8, 2014, my computer automatically returns to the "Desktop" rather than to "Start" after closing a Modern App.
Ever since the automatic update to Windows 8.1 of April 8, 2014, when I close a Modern app the computer returns to the "Desktop" instead of the "Start" screen.
While initially I was annoyed with the "Start" screen I have become familiar with its operation
and it now has become my starting point of preference.
I have tried to change it back to automatically return to "Start" on App closure with no luck.
I have already unchecked the box for "When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead
of Start" in the "Taskbar and Navigation properties" window but it made no difference.
Any other suggestions?
Keys to the Problem After the update of April 8, 2014, my computer automatically returns to the "Desktop" rather than to "Start" after closing a Modern App.
I have this issue as well.
When I uncheck Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar, it closes to the start screen, but if it is checked, it closes to the desktop.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: After the update of April 8, 2014, my computer automatically returns to the "Desktop" rather than to "Start" after closing a Modern App.:
How to Fix After the update of April 8, 2014, my computer automatically returns to the "Desktop" rather than to "Start" after closing a Modern App. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: [Anwsered] After installing Vista SP2 my laptop is always \"configuring updates\" when it shuts down and starts,Troubleshooting:After upgrade to Win 7 from Win Vista... my monitor keeps blacking on and off.,Troubleshooting:After update to IE10, cannot use browser, locks up before going to any page Error,Fast Solution to Problem: After windows update computer will not start,Solution to Error: After replaceing my old xp Desktop with a windows 7 desktop, my wifes xp Laptop can't access my two printers through our Linksys Mod# WRT160N Wireless-N Broadband Router,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?